About Me

My photo
I'm a Texan, born and raised. I love my God and my family (friends included as family!) My first novel was realeased December 23, 2014 and I've since finished writing my second manuscript and have begun my third. Being a successful writer has been a dream of mine for years, since I was little. I can't wait to see where God takes my first book and my future ones. I pray that it touches many hearts. For those of you who love suspense novels, good vs. evil, you may be interested!

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Save Me From Myself

Hey guys! 

So about a couple of weeks ago I was really going through a tough time. I felt a sense of emptiness accompanied with extreme loneliness. As I sat in my room, I felt like I should write a song, so I did. 
I poured my heart out on the page in hopes of not only my words being therapeutic for me but also for others who were/are in the same boat. 

Loneliness, sadness, anger, etc, are things everyone has felt before. It's just some may feel these feelings more often that others. Regardless of how long you feel this way, I want you to know you're not alone. 

I just created the lyric video to the A Capella version of my song, Save Me From Myself. I downloaded CakeWalk's Music Creator 7 in hopes to create music with my vocals but that software is so stinkin' difficult to figure out despite their tagline of, "No musical experience? No problem!" then goes on to say how easy of a program it is to use. And I've had 18+ years musical experience! Even the tutorial videos don't do a lot of good. There aren't many tutorials out there for this program yet.

Along with this, my PC basically fell apart. Wouldn't connect to the internet without a direct connection via cable to router. So I ordered a 2009 Macbook on ebay and I just got it today. I used iMovie to make my lyric video but haven't gotten the chance to check out GarageBand. From what I've seen through YouTube tutorials, it looks pretty simple and straight forward along with delivering the tools Music Creator 7 offers. 

But anywho, I plan to play around with GarageBand this weekend and get some music set up with my vocals. If I ever get it "perfected" I plan to make a music video to my song. I'm really looking forward to this! 

To hear Save Me From Myself, click the link below:

https://youtu.be/EgKkLO6YdiE

I hope you enjoy. If you're a YouTuber, subscribe if ya'd like or leave feedback! I'd love to hear from you! 

Blessings,

Brooke-Lauren

1 comment:

  1. hi Brooke, i just wanted to hear your song again,hoping it would bring me back up. im really down,n i was hoping u could email me.do u still have my email/ im just falling back in that hole ,after learning something thats just killing me inside.its like being punched in the gut.n need to talk to someone. plz contact me whenever u can.thank u so much. sincerely, donnie brown ... donnie.brown1988@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete