About Me

My photo
I'm a Texan, born and raised. I love my God and my family (friends included as family!) My first novel was realeased December 23, 2014 and I've since finished writing my second manuscript and have begun my third. Being a successful writer has been a dream of mine for years, since I was little. I can't wait to see where God takes my first book and my future ones. I pray that it touches many hearts. For those of you who love suspense novels, good vs. evil, you may be interested!

Thursday, May 29, 2014

God's NOT Dead!





Back in March a good friend basically begged me to go see the movie God's Not Dead. I'd wanted to go see it anyway, but when she told me I needed to go see it within the next 48 hours I knew it must be REALLY good. So she and I went to see it and after I saw the film once, I went to see it again with somemore friends. I wanted to see it a third time but I never had the chance due to the hectic schedule of school with papers and finals involved.

God's Not Dead really opened my eyes and gave me a fresh craving for God. Screen writers Hunter Davis, Chuck Konzelman, and Cary Solomon wrote a brilliant script and story about a college boy standing up for God and his Christian faith. This day and age, Christianity carries a stigma where many see Christians as hypocrites always looking for someone to shove their beliefs down someone else's throat. It's sad that it has come to that due to some Christians (who are also imperfect people), who have handled certain situations wrong with others, albeit with other Christians or unbelievers. God's Not Dead has such a powerful message that is completely non-condemning and teaches how God, in fact, loves everyone, believers, non-believers, and the back-slidden.

The college young man has three days to prove God's not dead by presenting his case in front of the class for a certain amount of time per day. Science is brought into the picture in helping him prove God's existence though the professor uses it for his atheist beliefs.

The movie has three different stories going on with different people and different circumstances. Every single one of them have a battle to fight either within themselves or within their family. The film is "rounded", in other words, even though there are tense scenes and sad scenes, there are funny scenes to relieve the audience of momentary sadness or angst.

This movie will be on my shelf at home as soon as it comes out on DVD. It's taught me that I can be bold for my faith without falling into the stigma attached with Christianity.

I HIGHLY recommend anyone and everyone to see it. A new hope felt born inside when the ending credits rolled. It may be out of theatres now, but when it comes out to rent, GO SEE IT! Grab a friend, two friends, or many friends and watch this incredible film. It's definitely a five out of five stars in my book.
It's one of those movies that will never get old.

God's Not Dead was originally limited around two weeks in theatres but this film released to theatres March 21, 2014 and stayed until around the first week of May. It was number five in the box office and has a worldwide gross totaling $60, 159, 206.

Please help me promote this movie! I've provided a link below of God's Not Dead trailer.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMjo5f9eiX8  

No comments:

Post a Comment