About Me

My photo
I'm a Texan, born and raised. I love my God and my family (friends included as family!) My first novel was realeased December 23, 2014 and I've since finished writing my second manuscript and have begun my third. Being a successful writer has been a dream of mine for years, since I was little. I can't wait to see where God takes my first book and my future ones. I pray that it touches many hearts. For those of you who love suspense novels, good vs. evil, you may be interested!

Monday, August 4, 2014

I Am Not A Serial Killer~Must Read by Dan Wells

I just finished reading this novel by Dan Wells a couple nights ago. It was a great read! If you like the novels about fighting evil and overcoming the inner monster, you'll LOVE this book. Dan Wells has several comedic relief spots that made me chuckle out loud. 
The plot revolves around a teenage boy who struggles with himself. He's a sociopath who doesn't want to be the monster that aches to burst out. He's faced with a dilemma when he witnesses a serial killer kill innocent people one after the other and must find a way to stop him before more people die. John Cleaver, the main character, wrestles within himself in order to find himself. This is a page turner and hard to put down.

This book kind of reminds me of the tv show Dexter and, if I'm correct, I believe the tv show is based off books? 

They both relate in that the protagonists have the overwhelming urge to kill but look for other ways to satisfy that hunger where innocent lives aren't taken. 

Also, I believe there is a series based off Dan Wells' I Am Not A Serial Killer. They're called the John Cleaver Books. I've only read this one so far but plan to read the others.

I was pleasantly surprised that this novel had such little profanity. I could count on one hand the amount of light profanity that was used. Mostly, the author used 'dangit' and 'for goodness sake' instead of the other. So, for those who don't care for profanity this one is great. However, there are a few that weren't substituted for slang, but no f words or the s word. 

This is a fictional plot. It didn't really happen.

If you're interested in reading the plot itself or purchasing the book, the link is provided below:
http://www.amazon.com/Serial-Killer-John-Cleaver-Books/dp/0765362368 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment