About Me

My photo
I'm a Texan, born and raised. I love my God and my family (friends included as family!) My first novel was realeased December 23, 2014 and I've since finished writing my second manuscript and have begun my third. Being a successful writer has been a dream of mine for years, since I was little. I can't wait to see where God takes my first book and my future ones. I pray that it touches many hearts. For those of you who love suspense novels, good vs. evil, you may be interested!

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

New Job!!!!!!!!



Hellur guys! (Suppose to sound like Madea saying Hello...and if you don't know who Madea is...Bing it and watch the movies. You won't regret it!) 

So I'm writing today about a new job I've started. Within the past few months I've really been struggling with fear, some days more overwhelming than others, and have been dealing with a little bit of bitterness and hurt as well. 

There have been things coming at me from all directions, begging for my attention that aren't good. Overall, I'm a strong person, but there are times where I'm weak.

I'm growing closer to God so that I don't stray down the wrong path because, believe it or not, it's quite easy to do. Even when a child of God drifts from Him, He never leaves, never forgets us, and never ignores our cries. 
He never left, but we did. My great aunt told me that when we drift and come back, God says, "I missed you while you were gone." It makes me smile because it's so good to know He never left. He was there the whole time while I was off doing my own thing. I mean, I don't smile at the negative things I've done, but the fact that God's Love is so Perfect and True, so genuine, that He never leaves, no matter if we walk away, blows my mind. 
And I'm not saying that we can do what we want, stray and rest assured He'll never leave us because He said so. That act would be playing with fire and, in a way, testing God. Neither ends well.

As I've been praying and going through my inner struggles, I've come to realize that I need to let go. I have before and it was SO beautiful, but then I took it back, sadly. And now I'm wanting to get rid of it again and for good. 

I work every week day from 8 to 5. And although I stay busy, my mind still has plenty of time to think. Guess what happens when I get home and having nothing to do? Yep, you guessed it...this analytical mind begins to think, think, think. If I think too much on a negative situation, it only leads to disappointment, extreme disappointment, sadness, anger, resentment, and bitterness--none of which I want anything to do with. 

So in order to cease my endless thinking, I put in applications to different businesses hoping to land an evening job. I put in so many applications, I lost count and can't remember everywhere I applied. 

A few days went by and I received a couple of nibbles, but no huge bites where I reeled in. The top three places I wanted to work for were Famous Dave's (BBQ Restaurant), Hastings, or Khol's. Famous Dave's has an awesome atmosphere and their decor is amazing! Their food is to die for, too, so I immediately wanted to apply there. Hastings is one of my favorite stores. I love books and movies and I figured I would enjoy working there. I love their atmosphere, too. Khol's is one of my VERY favorite clothing stores. It's right below Forever 21 and, if we had a Forever 21 where I live, I'd have applied there in a New York minute. Khol's always has awesome deals going and I figured if I worked there I'd get even more awesome deals! 

So I waited as patiently as I could after submitting my applications. When I didn't hear back from Famous Dave's a week after I submitted my application, I called to make sure they received it. A girl told me the manager was in a meeting and that she'd call me back once she got out. Well, days go by and I haven't heard from her. Then days turn into weeks and still, nothing from no company I submitted an application to. 

A week an a half ago, I literally came to terms with the fact I wasn't supposed to have a second job. I said, "God, you know what you're doing. And you know what's best for me. I may not have been able to handle a second job. And that's okay. I trust You." 

Two days later, I'm at work and a co-worker tells me line one is for me. I picked up the phone expecting it to be my mom or a customer. Instead, I hear, "Hi, this is _____, and I'm the manager at Famous Dave's." The manager ends up asking me to come in for an interview. And I'm surprised. I was totally not expecting that at all!

Two days after that, I go in for my interview. I pull into the parking lot and kill the engine. I said, "Okay, God. I want Your Will in this. You know whether or not this is a good idea for me to take on. So if You want this, I want it. If You don't , I don't. I'm trusting You." Then I got out of the car and headed inside. I was super nervous, mainly because people make me nervous. I'm cautious and wasn't really knowing what to expect. I'm guided, along with another interviewee, to the back of the restaurant outside where the manager is speaking with employees. Everyone seemed super friendly. They were joking and laughing, having fun and it helped me relax significantly. 

When it comes time for me to be interviewed, I'm still nervous  but not as much. She asked me a few short questions and then offered me the job happily. I was stunned. Shocked. I was wondering if I heard correctly.

I've never had any experience in the restaurant industry. At all. When I left, I was beaming inside and out. I was so ecstatic! 
Got my uniform and schedule Sunday and started my first training day Monday evening. It was so awesome! It's so much to learn and remember, but I had a blast! Most people probably think waiting on tables is easy, but really it's not. A waiter/waitress is assigned a whole section to themselves. They're constantly going back and forth, checking on tables, putting in orders, cleaning, refilling glasses, etc. It's a fast paced job, and I feel like that's what I need right now.

I know that working here will help bring me out of my shell and I've been praying that people will see God through me. I want God to work through me to help others. I look forward to it very much!




Everyone at Famous Dave's is SO nice and helpful. It's been a blessing!

God is good!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment