About Me

My photo
I'm a Texan, born and raised. I love my God and my family (friends included as family!) My first novel was realeased December 23, 2014 and I've since finished writing my second manuscript and have begun my third. Being a successful writer has been a dream of mine for years, since I was little. I can't wait to see where God takes my first book and my future ones. I pray that it touches many hearts. For those of you who love suspense novels, good vs. evil, you may be interested!

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Carrie

How many of you have seen the movie Carrie? Which version? 1976, 2002, or 2013?

Yes, there are three versions, all of which are good. However, each differ in their own way. The film is based of Stephen King's novel, Carrie in which a high school girl gets bullied and her home life isn't much better. Her mom is a raving psychotic who has religion so twisted that even her daughter knows she isn't right. Finally, Carrie has enough of the abuse and accidentally finds out she has telekinetic powers. She exercises them and just when they gain in intensity, all hell breaks lose at prom after a terrible prank is played on her.

Carrie 1976 has nudity and a good amount of profanity. Sissy Spacek plays a convincing role of an abused child haunted by years of torment. John Travolta also stars in the film as the male antagonist, Billy Nolan.




Carrie 2002 has a much different ending that Stephen King's novel. The ending had a nice, hopeful ending, but for those who enjoy movies that go exactly as the novel, stick with the 1976 version or the 2013, which I'll soon get to. The 2002 version hardly has any profanity and there's no nudity. It's just as intense as the 1976 version and, Angela Bettis also plays a convincing Carrie. I don't remember if this film played in theaters.




Carrie 2013 was, in my opinion, the best out of the three films. Maybe it's partly because it's up to date with technology so things look more realistic. But Chloe Grace Moretz and Julianne Moore gave an academy award winning performance that left me reeling when the ending credits rolled. Even though Chloe Grace Moretz isn't how Stephen King describes Carrie, an overweight, unattractive blonde headed girl, she still played creepy well. Very well. The ending is similar to the ending of Stephen King's novel. The 2013 was definitely an on-the-edge-of-your-seat thriller.




If you haven't seen any of these versions, watch them! Especially the 2013 version. Of course, that's only my opinion. For those who've seen them, what's your take on each one? 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment