About Me

My photo
I'm a Texan, born and raised. I love my God and my family (friends included as family!) My first novel was realeased December 23, 2014 and I've since finished writing my second manuscript and have begun my third. Being a successful writer has been a dream of mine for years, since I was little. I can't wait to see where God takes my first book and my future ones. I pray that it touches many hearts. For those of you who love suspense novels, good vs. evil, you may be interested!

Monday, July 21, 2014

What Sin?



Written by Brooke-Lauren Montgomery

Have you ever wondered how God could ever forgive you for what you've done? I have many times--innumerable times. 

I have good news for you today! He wants to take the sin from you. 

I woke Sunday morning around 6:30 and couldn't fall back to sleep. I laid there thinking about what I'd done wrong the past week. I literally thought, "How could You ever forgive me for what I've said and done? I don't deserve it." I was afraid to ask for forgiveness because I didn't want to be rejected. So, my past fears of all the people who shut me out, the ones who didn't accept my apology after I gave a sincere apology kept me from approaching God immediately to ask for His forgiveness. 

God is not like people. People are imperfect and will fail you over and over, but God? Never. He will never fail you. He wants you just as you are. He's a tender and compassionate God. Psalm 86:15 says, "But you, Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness." (Emphasis mine).

Look at how many italicized things there are in the small verse! He's compassionate, gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness. And He doesn't just have a little bit of love and faithfulness, but abounding in it! 

After I stopped thinking of all I'd done and tried to go back to sleep, a song I hadn't heard in years came to my mind. I couldn't remember the verses but I remembered one specific part of the chorus: What sin? 

I grabbed my phone and looked up the lyrics. The song is called What Sin by Morgan Cryar. I'll provide the lyrics and the youtube link to the video below: 

"It happened so long ago
And I cried out for mercy back then
I plead the blood of Jesus
Begged him to forgive my sin
But I still can't forget it
It just won't go away
So I wept again, "Lord wash my sin,"
But this is all He'd say

What sin, what sin?
That's as far away
As the east is from the west
What sin, what sin?
It was gone the very minute you confessed
Buried in the sea of forgetfulness

The heaviest thing you'll carry
Is a load of guilt and shame
You were never meant to bear them
So let them go in Jesus' name
Our God is slow to anger
Quick to forgive our sin
So let Him put them under the blood
Don't bring them up again
Cause He'll just say

Lord, please deliver me
From my accusing memory
Nothing makes me weep this way,
Then when I hear you say" (repeat chorus)

http://youtu.be/lEqR2zlaDTs 

One look at the lyrics and I knew God had given that song to me so that I'd look it up and be comforted. It was as if He Himself was saying it to me. I immediately felt that I could come to Him and ask forgiveness. I was able to fall back to sleep after that.
I also knew what song I would I'd be singing next Sunday for church! 

So, friends, don't be afraid to go to God because He's waiting with arms open wide. People may fail you, but He never will. 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment