About Me

My photo
I'm a Texan, born and raised. I love my God and my family (friends included as family!) My first novel was realeased December 23, 2014 and I've since finished writing my second manuscript and have begun my third. Being a successful writer has been a dream of mine for years, since I was little. I can't wait to see where God takes my first book and my future ones. I pray that it touches many hearts. For those of you who love suspense novels, good vs. evil, you may be interested!

Sunday, July 13, 2014

I'M FREE!...Do You Want To Be??

 written by Brooke-Lauren Montgomery

The following message and experience is not intended to offend anyone, but to help others. I want you to know that I'd never post anything to intentionally offend because I care for every reader who reads my blogs. This message is for believers and non-believers alike. Believers will probably understand this blog more-so than unbelievers, BUT it applies to both.


I just had the most AMAZING experience this morning at church.

This past week was extremely draining for me emotionally and spiritually. For those who've read my last blog titled Who You Are, this is an update. For those who haven't read it, I encourage you to do so. :) 

This past week I've sought freedom from my fears and worries, doubts, and my past hurts. I'd reached the breaking point and decided I'd had enough of feeling down when I didn't have to feel that way. 

It's very difficult to be happy when you're not, and even though I felt a lot better after speaking with my pastor's daughter Tuesday evening, I still felt unhappiness. Since I was just four years old, I carried the weight of my struggles to fill a void that was never filled. And after nineteen years of hobbling with the pain, I finally decided I wanted it gone no matter what. I'd give up searching and putting materialistic things in its place to try and achieve happiness. I'd give it all up if I could just have peace and have the void filled. 

I'd known for years what the answer was to filling the void, but kept my arms pushed out, resisting that answer because I didn't believe it was enough.

I've been the most emotionally, physically, and spiritually drained I have been in a long while. For the past few days, I've lost a few pounds because I wasn't hungry. I've slept odd hours never feeling I had gotten enough sleep. And this morning, I nearly overslept for church because I'd fallen asleep last night before putting my phone on the charger and it died. 

I got out of bed desperately hoping that the message I would hear this morning would speak to me. I don't think I necessarily even hoped I'd be set free but just longed for God to speak to me. 

Well, I got set free and I cannot stop smiling. This peace I feel is unbelievable. I went to the altar and released my struggles and I told God I no longer wanted them because I knew that they were holding me back from becoming the woman He wants me to be. 

I have a knot in my throat even while typing this. Reaching my breaking point was a beautiful thing because it gave me the will and desire to get rid of all I've held on to for much too long. 

I want to share my notes I took this morning. The pastor told the congregation that God wanted him to preach over Complete Freedom this morning. My pastor said he fought with preaching over it because he had recently done so. He said he knew that God would set people free if he preached over it this morning, that it was highly important he gave this message. Along with several coming to release struggles, there were a couple who gave their lives to Christ.

I've never felt so much relief in all my life. I feel the lightest I've ever felt and I can physically feel the absence of the overwhelming weight that had been pressing me down. 

The following notes were taken this morning. I almost couldn't write fast enough:

Complete Freedom John 8:30-36
Sin, no matter the size, can keep a Christian from enjoying freedom at its fullest.
>1 Corinthians 5:6- "Your glorying is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump?" NKJV
    *We don't think of how a little bit of sin makes a difference in out walk with Christ.

Freedom At Its Best (V. 31-32)
  *God doesn't want us to wake every morning with dread, fear, & bondage.
  *Addresses the Spirit and Soul of a man. (v. 31)
  *To be free is a spiritual and soul issue. You can have chaotic events in your life and still be free. 
  *You can have the best life and still  not enjoy it.
  *There's nothing wrong with desiring to be blessed.
  *Freedom does NOT come in material things, but in Jesus Christ.
  *You can have very little in this world and be the happiest person on the block.

Freedom starts in the spirit and soul.
  *It's not about material possessions. It's in our hearts.

True freedom is found in knowing The Truth. (v. 32)

Jesus was saying to live the Bible, learn His precepts and principles. By obeying The Word of God, freedom comes into your life. 

There are people who are saved but still walk around hanging on to the sins of their past.
  >Let it go! Once Jesus comes into your heart and you ask forgiveness, He remembers it no more, so you must forget about it--move on and no longer dwell on it!
  >Past hurts can keep you bound, but you can be free of them. All people have been hurt by other people and we may start to believe God will treat us like man does, but it's a lie!
  >Get over your past hurts. Don't let it take you over and make you miserable! Let it go and be set free. Let God transform you into the person He wants you to be.
  >But it all starts with freedom. As long as you're bound, God cannot do what He intends to do in your life.
  >Be also free from your failures
    From temptations
    From offenses
    From greed
    From fear
    From anger
    From depression
    From hate
    From bitterness
    From addiction
    From everything when we let it go and let God take over and set us free.

>Hidden sin can also keep you from enjoying what God wants you to have.

>Sin absorbs a Christian's freedom. (v 33-34)
    *Hidden sin can be the culprit. (v. 33).
  -A lot of times a person will deny having a problem or being in bondage. Denial will hold you down and keep you from receiving freedom.

>If you can't get away from something, you're in bondage and it could be just the slightest tug--but it can keep you from being happy.
   *Sometimes it has to get bad enough to make you say, "I've had enough. I'm tired of this."

>Tolerate sin enslaves (v. 34)
   *Whoever willfully commits sin over and over is a slave sin. 
   * When we can't get out of it, we're in bondage and a slave. 
   *Hanging onto a sin is like choosing to walk with a limp the rest of your life--knowing there's a cure for it!

>Complete freedom is found in One Source (v. 36)
   *Jesus Christ
   *2 Corinthians 3:17- "Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty." 


This message made my heart pump wildly in my chest because I knew God was speaking directly to me, along with anyone else the message was for this morning. Even though the message appears to be aimed at Christians/believers, it applies to  non-believers, too. 

I encourage anyone who's in the same boat as I was to take that step and let your struggles go. I honestly can't even describe to you how amazing I feel. Philippians 4:7 is so right, "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." It's seriously indescribable and blows my mind how awesome I feel. 

I'm never letting this go. From here I choose to keep moving forward with my eyes ahead...after all, that is why God put our eyes in front, so we'll look forward instead of back. :) 

If I may pray for anyone, please don't be afraid to contact me. I'm here to encourage, listen, and help. Here's my email: childoftheking@suddenlink.net 

I hope this message blessed you today! 

Love,

~Brooke-Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment