About Me

My photo
I'm a Texan, born and raised. I love my God and my family (friends included as family!) My first novel was realeased December 23, 2014 and I've since finished writing my second manuscript and have begun my third. Being a successful writer has been a dream of mine for years, since I was little. I can't wait to see where God takes my first book and my future ones. I pray that it touches many hearts. For those of you who love suspense novels, good vs. evil, you may be interested!

Thursday, July 10, 2014

UPDATE on The Protected and Reflection Unknown


This has been a pain-staking & gruelling process, this first rodeo with getting published, BUT I know the wait and efforts will totally pay off! I know this manuscript like the back of my own hand. I've completely read through it at least five times. I just submitted my fourth round of edits and am waiting for the corrections to come back to me. I should have them back the end of next week. I will then re-read through the entire manuscript again, making sure there are no errors (obvious ones, anyway), then send it back the fifth time. Hopefully I won't have to make anymore edits this next round and, if I don't, I will send it back saying I'm ready for it to go to the printers. At that time, they will send me a release form to sign and once I sign it, the manuscript moves to printing and I am transferred to marketing where I will schedule my book signings and such. I will also receive a new Galley/ARC (Advanced Reader's Copy). That's a demo of what the book will look like in its completion, what the readers will be seeing and reading!

I will have some books on sale at a cheaper price, but it's a limited supply. I don't even know how many I will have yet, but I will update you and let you know. My book is available for pre-order now at www.tatepublishing.com. However, I suggest you wait to pre-order until I give my update because the price of the book isn't finalized yet since it's still in the editing process.

For those who are seeing my blog for the first time, I've posted the front and back cover of The Protected: The Unseen Realm, due to release sometime in August.





As for my second novel in the works, I just went back through it and made drastic changes. (Good changes, of course). These changes have made the manuscript much stronger and will increase my chances of landing an agent! The title of this novel is Reflection Unknown. I'm not revealing anything more than the genre at this time since I've not found an agent/publisher. This book is a horror/suspense/romance. Romance is the subplot. It has to do with good vs. evil but it won't be published in the Christian market due to its graphically intense scenes with blood and "light" profanity. If you enjoy books that make your hair stand on end and, where, by the end of each chapter a pile of nail & cutricle shreds lays next to you, then you'll be a fan of this upcoming novel. 

I've been writing since I could pick up a pen and am STILL learning new ways to enhance and make my work much stronger, more realistic. I hope to have the manuscript completed by December then hunt down agents. My dreams consist of my novels being box office worthy, where, hopefully, sometime in the future they'll be turned into successful films. 

Every since I was little, I wanted to do three things: teach school, act, and write. (All different things, but do require a certain amount of creativity.) I've kept hold of those dreams and know that, if it be God's Will, it will happen in His timing! 

Will you help get the word out about The Protected: The Unseen Realm as well as my upcoming novel, Reflection Unknown?

As soon as I get my fifth set of edits back, I'll post a sample chapter of The Protected: The Unseen Realm! 

Thanks so much for reading!!!

~Brooke-Lauren Montgomery 

No comments:

Post a Comment