About Me

My photo
I'm a Texan, born and raised. I love my God and my family (friends included as family!) My first novel was realeased December 23, 2014 and I've since finished writing my second manuscript and have begun my third. Being a successful writer has been a dream of mine for years, since I was little. I can't wait to see where God takes my first book and my future ones. I pray that it touches many hearts. For those of you who love suspense novels, good vs. evil, you may be interested!

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Anguish Of The Heart

written by Brooke-Lauren Montgomery
 
 




When I look at you, I see more than flesh-I see love.
You've captivated my mind, my soul, my heart.
Fear grips tighter still, but you're working to set me free.
I'm not afraid of you, but afraid to fall.
God knows I want to, I long to--to just leap
Head first into it all, into your arms I want to stay--



 Forever with you--you and me--to stay
Wound within your mind like you are in mine, and love
You until we breathe our last, until we leap
Into Eternity--I want to love you with my whole heart,
And not be afraid to knock down these walls, watch them fall--
Drain the poison that's eating me alive--oh how I ache to be set free!



You want to know me inside and out--but freedom is not free.
You whisper to me, "don't give up--no matter how long it takes, I'm here to stay."
Through my blur of tears you say to me, "I'll be there to catch you when you fall."
I am your woman and you are my man--we were made for this, we were made to love.
God lead me to you with His loving heart.
I want to be strong enough to take the leap.



I would ask you to jump with me, but you've already taken that leap.
You had no boundaries from this, no ghosts or demons to wrestle with--you've always been free.
You've never had to feel this certain death grip on your heart.
I want to breathe, I want to smile and laugh--I want to stay
Right where you are, engulfed within your love.
I beg the question, what will it take for me to fall?



Will it take you pushing me over the edge to fall?
No, for that would shut me down--I must be the one who chooses to leap
And plummet into what I've shied away from for so long--love,
But yours only do I desire, no other man-I need my heart to be free-- free!
My soul burns with energy for you and everything you are--when I look at you I want you--but I stay
Right where I've been thrown, fear's repulsive hand seizing my fragile heart.



I pray the fingers of fear's hand be broken, mutilated, melted off my heart,
So I can finally be fearless to run right off the edge and fall--
And at last I can be locked within every fiber of you--forever stay,
So my being can catch fire and explode my innermost feelings for you...when I'm finally set free
To be wrapped up inside of your love.



I desperately want to leap, because when I look at you, I want to fall.
My heart wants to intertwine with yours, to perpetually stay.
When I look at you, I see love, and my weary being cries out to be set free.


No comments:

Post a Comment