About Me

My photo
I'm a Texan, born and raised. I love my God and my family (friends included as family!) My first novel was realeased December 23, 2014 and I've since finished writing my second manuscript and have begun my third. Being a successful writer has been a dream of mine for years, since I was little. I can't wait to see where God takes my first book and my future ones. I pray that it touches many hearts. For those of you who love suspense novels, good vs. evil, you may be interested!

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Power Of Bended Knee

Written by Brooke-Lauren Montgomery
 
 
 
When you see me on my knees, it doesn't mean I'm weak,
I'm getting stronger--through trials and temptations,
It's God's Face that I seek.
 
I've been a witness, and I have seen
What sight would take to believe,
The Power behind the bended knee.
 
When you see me on my knees, it doesn't mean I'm frail,
I'm getting stronger--through joy and through pain,
I have learned that in Him will I always prevail.
 
I have felt the indescribable Peace
When I've cried out in utter desperation
On my knees--my burdens I release.
 
When you see me on my knees, it doesn't mean I'm defeated,
For many pleading prayers are answered there,
Through His Word, my soul is completed.


 
Like hinges straining from the massive weight,
My heart shudders, almost stops in place,
Just before the strength bursts forth, and my  mind is set straight.
 
When you see me on my knees, it doesn't mean I've given up,
I'm getting stronger--through the darkest night,
He mends my ailing heart, smoothes out every hiccup.
 
Hope and Love spread through my heart like roots on a healthy tree--
I am amazed at what I see and what I feel
When limitless Power surges through bended knee.   
 



No comments:

Post a Comment