About Me

My photo
I'm a Texan, born and raised. I love my God and my family (friends included as family!) My first novel was realeased December 23, 2014 and I've since finished writing my second manuscript and have begun my third. Being a successful writer has been a dream of mine for years, since I was little. I can't wait to see where God takes my first book and my future ones. I pray that it touches many hearts. For those of you who love suspense novels, good vs. evil, you may be interested!

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The Stand

Written by Brooke-Lauren Montgomery



                               
                She sits alone tonight with weary eyes
                She should have left him from the very start
                She’s tired of believing all the lies
                And searching for the courage in her heart.

                He sits alone, ashamed of what he’s done
                He can’t erase the past and can’t explain
                Just why he did exactly what he’d done,
                To rip apart her heart that bleeds in pain.

                She sits alone, afraid of what she knew
                She has to find a way to leave it all
                He’d copied what he’d seen his daddy do.
               
                He sits alone, just asking himself why
                She sits alone, gathering up her pride
                Just as he stands, her heart has said goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment