About Me

My photo
I'm a Texan, born and raised. I love my God and my family (friends included as family!) My first novel was realeased December 23, 2014 and I've since finished writing my second manuscript and have begun my third. Being a successful writer has been a dream of mine for years, since I was little. I can't wait to see where God takes my first book and my future ones. I pray that it touches many hearts. For those of you who love suspense novels, good vs. evil, you may be interested!

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Wonder of The Soul

Written by Brooke-Lauren Montgomery
 
 
 
 
Love--what is love my soul does wonder on this night?
It has been taken all in vain.
 
Love  is replaced by what is known as Lust,
Sex has replaced what love once knew,
So beautiful and true was it before--
Now it is hidden, craftily disguised behind Lust's greedy eyes.
Will I get lucky on this night, we ask,
Instead of knowing this one fragile soul.
For when we choose to come together with another,
Without a wedding band upon the finger,
It is not making love, for it's not true--
It's Lust behind a mask of Love.
It is about a void we all long to be filled--
The missing puzzle piece that's in the heart of all.
When patience has defeated the impatient heart,
Love will present itself at the right time--
When it is truly love, it feels so right.
And happiness, it shall burst forth
Just like a geyser aiming for the sun,
To quench the rampant fi-re burning deep within the soul.
But Love today-- it's so distorted now,
Been twisted this way, twisted that way 'til
It is no longer recognizable.
Love--what is love, my soul does wonder on this night?
It's beautiful, deep in the heart,
Created by a loving God--
To have, to hold,
To treasure still,
Until our hearts shall beat no more.
Love--this is love my soul has found on this exquisite night.


No comments:

Post a Comment